Monday, February 13, 2017

Buffalo Plaid Quilt

 Buffalo Plaid might have been the pattern of the year for 2016, and especially around the holidays...I saw it EVERYWHERE!  I had to make it for myself.  It's pretty amazing that you can take 3 solid fabrics and create this!  I don't mind if buffalo check sticks around for the next 10 years.  I love it!

 I think this print for the backing matches the front just perfectly, with the cute animals.  This quilt would be super happy in a cabin in the woods.
Quilt stats:
Finished size: I forgot to measure before I sent it to it's new owner, it's probably about 60" x 75"
Pattern: I used this pattern from Empty Bobbin, except I cut mine at 5.5 inches (I think)
Fabric: front-Red, Maroon-ish, Black ● back-Cotton and Steel ● binding-chemistry compounds
Batting:  Warm and White

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the colors. It is amazing to me too that three solids can make this pattern. I've had on my make-it-soon list a gingham quilt which is a similar concept. I'll bet someone will be very happy with it! ~smile~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice cuddly quilt, perfect by a fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite quilts...simple but bold. Love buffalo check! I'm adding this to my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I never tire of plaids!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...